What can you say about chocolate-orange, it’s a partnership made in heaven, the ultimate partnership.
I’m not ashamed to say I have a secret stash of Jaffa Cakes for those bad days when I need a chocolate lift. Those bad boys are definitely one of my weak spots. That is why these simple but very delicious chocolate-orange muffins are a great favorite of mine. When I say simple I mean SIMPLE, NO MIXER required just a quick stir of a wooden spoon. These muffins are light and fluffy and the addition of buttermilk keeps them moist and gives them that rich taste.
For a zesty orange kick, I’ve gone with everyone’s favourite Terry’s Chocolate Orange. They recently brought out Mini Terry’s Chocolate Orange which are ideal for this recipe. I chopped them up small and added them to the chocolate batter. This gives the muffins the extra gooey,chocolaty orange taste that make them muffilicious.
I finished them off with a drizzle of melted chocolate – no such thing as too much chocolate
If you have no Buttermilk – No worries try this handy tip
- 80ml vegetable oil
- 250ml buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 100g caster sugar
- 60g brown sugar
- 50g cocoa powder
- 260g plain flour
- 1 x 125g mini terry’s chocolate orange
- Zest of 1 orange
- melted chocolate (optional)
- Preheat oven 180C/350F & line a muffin tin with liners
- Mix together oil, buttermilk, eggs, vanilla in a jug - (all wet ingredients.)
- Sift flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt in to a bowl, mix in both sugars.
- Add Orange zest.
- Add wet ingredients and mix gently WITH A WOODEN SPOON DON’T OVER MIX.
- Chop up one packet of mini terry’s and add to mix.
- Fill muffin cups ⅔ full. Bake at 180C degrees for 20-25mins
- Drizzle with some melted choc (optional)
Check out my other “Chocolate Orange” recipes –
Don’t forget to get your FREE copy of my new eBook “EASY BAKE CUPCAKES & CHOCOLATE TREATS” .
Click HERE for your free download link.
If your stuck for BAKING CONVERSIONS. Click the Baking Conversions page tab at the top for a very helpful chart.
Make sure you check out my FACEBOOK BAKING PAGE for more easy baking treats.