We’ve just passed Mid Summers Day June 21st and slowly coming near the end of “strawberry month”, so it’s the perfect time to share another strawberry recipe with you a “Strawberry & Cream Oreo Fudge Cake” an absolutely delicious mouthful.
Strawberries & Cream are always a scrumptious partnership, once called the food of the gods and of course the symbol of Wimbledon.. This time I’m adding something extra just to spice things up, another big favorite with my kids and in fact our Daniel would say the best cookie ever invented – The Oreo.
What is it about these little black biscuits that is so addictive! A glass of ice-cold milk and an Oreo to dip in, perfectly simple and perfectly glorious and just as glorious added to this very yummy chocolate fudge cake.
First you have a delicious Fudgy Cake, one layer of scrumptious fudgy chocolate heaven. Then you top this with fresh whipped cream mixed with crushed Oreos . To finish things off sweet succulent strawberries and more chopped Oreo Cookies. (yes we most definitely like Oreos in this house) 😉
This very simple recipe gives such a delicious result, it’s a perfect desert for a summer bbq, the perfect summer birthday cake for some one special , but you know what you really don’t need a special reason to make this cake, it just deserves to be baked and enjoyed anytime for any reason:)
I think substituting Fresh Raspberries for Strawberries would be equally as delicious in this cake
Strawberry & Cream Oreo Fudge Cake
- 130g plain flour
- 25g (plus 2tbsp) cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. table salt
- 115g unsalted butter, melted and warm
- 300g packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 250ml hot water
- 250 ml cream
- 1 punnet strawberries
- 1 packet of OREO
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 F. Grease the bottom of an 9x2-inch round cake pan or line it with parchment.
- In a small bowl, whisk the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, combine the melted butter and brown sugar with a wooden spoon Add the eggs and vanilla; stir until well blended.
- Add the flour mixture all at once and stir just until all the flour is moistened.
- Pour the hot water over the batter; stir just until it’s incorporated and the batter is smooth. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
- Let cool in the pan on a rack for 10 min. Run a thin knife around the edge and invert the cake (peel off the parchment if necessary). Invert it again onto the rack and let cool completely.
- Whilst cake is cooling, whip the cream.
- Break the packet of oreo in half, crush one half finely to crumbs with a rolling pin and add this to the whipped cream. Break the remaing oreo into chunky pieces.
- Wash and cut the strawberries in 1/2
- Pile Whipped Oreo Cream onto top of cake and add chopped strawberries and crumble the oreo chunks on top
You can easily swap the fudge cake recipe for your own personal favorite chocolate cake4.9.1http://irishbakingadventures.com/strawberry-cream-oreo-fudge-cake/Please note these recipes are my own and copy righted to http://irishbakingadventures.com/
🙂 please leave a COMMENT by clicking the comment bubble at the top of the post