I’m sure in all houses just as in our house, there are rows and arguments over what is the best type of pizza
Is it pepperoni , ham, marguerita, is it spicy , stuffed crust ahhhh.. too many options
When it comes to ordering a pizza for our family movie night , well world war 3 nearly always breaks out over what exactly is to be ordered. It always ends up being 1/2 and 1/2 any way so why that can’t be done in the first place beats me but that’s Men for you and of course that would be way to easy for my family.
A couple of weeks ago I was making chocolate brownies and because it was movie night I had a couple of bags of Rolo & Maltesers handy & I thought to my self these would be really good in a brownie mix!!! Oh boy was i right, it’s just chocolate heaven.
For a change I decided to bake the brownies in foil tins. Rolo & Malteser in a brownie baked in foil pizza tins to look like a pizza and cut into pizza slices when cold..a very simple but delicious combo. I mean there’s absolutely no way there will be any arguments over this kind of pizza!!
Rolo & Malteser make a delicious duo anytime, make delicious cookies (but that’s for another time) but add these into in a brownie mix and you have the most delicious threesome ever..I promise you would sacrifice all your last rolo’s to put in this.
It literally has become the best bribe and “food weapon” in my Cupboard.
In the past week alone I have had all the windows washed back and front, the garden weeded strimmed and mowed,the shed painted all by three teenage boys who usually would need a bomb to get them off the Xbox.. yes a simple brownie recipe managed to get three teenage boys off their butts without any arguments.. I take it you would like this recipe!!! yes.. ok I love to share so here it is..let me know if it works on your kids!!
- 100g Dark Chocolate
- 100g Butter
- 200g Self Raising Flour
- 200g Brown Sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 3 pkt rolo
- 100 g box maltesers
- 3-4 tbsp. caramel sauce (available in any supermarket)
- 2 x 7-8” foil tins or you can use 2 spring form cake tins
- Preheat the oven 180c and prepare foil tins by greasing the sides with butter and place a circle of parchment paper in the bottom
- Melt the chocolate and butter together in a sauce pan over a low heat,
- turn off the heat and gradually stir in the sugar and eggs and add the self-rising flour and cocoa powder
- Divide the mixture between the two tins, chop up some rolo and maltesers and press into brownie mix. Be Generous with the rolo and maltesers !!!!
- Bake for 20 minutes at 180C, the middle should be soft. Let the brownies cool slightly but while still warm top with some more rolo and maltesers.
- Finish off with a drizzle of caramel sauce.
- Cut into triangle slices and try not to eat more than 2 and leave some for the kids 😉
If you don’t have any foil pans.. no worries an ordinary brownie pan works just as well. Cut into squares instead of triangles
If you have the time why not try to make your own caramel sauce, it’s very simple
- 120g light brown sugar
- 120g butter.. use butter here and not baking spread or Margarine
- 100ml cream or full cream milk
Melt the butter and sugar in a saucepan over a low heat until the sugar is dissolved. Watch it carefully so that it doesn’t burn.Stir in the cream and heat gently until bubbling, stirring continually. Remove from heat and serve warm.
I cannot believe how popular this recipe has become on my FB Baking Page https://www.facebook.com/IrishBakingAdventures . The post has over 2,300 shares now and still going strong!!!. A lot of people must like Rolo & Maltesers. 🙂
I hope you give the recipe a try, it is very straight forward and I would love to hear your comments so don’t be shy & let me know