My kids warned me that they would take over my blog now and again (my oldest & youngest are brilliant bakers in their own right) and I guess it has started earlier than I thought, but I suppose its only fair because I can’t take the credit for this bake, it’s all my daughters Amy’s creation
Baked Passion Fruit Cheese Cake personally i think this is what heaven tastes like. Passion Fruit is just one of those fruits that makes everything taste extra special and in a cheesecake well it’s just as Amy says its just “divine”. I love all kinds of cheese cake baked and no bake in equal measure, but Amy loves baked Cheese Cake and that means we get to eat at least one every two weeks!!!
What’s good about this particular recipe its made from a biscuit or cookie base which means you can use any type of cookie/biscuit you prefer. This one was made with chocolate digestive but I think world work equally as with chocolate cookies or Scottish shortbread biscuits ( which I have used on other cheesecakes) and worked brilliantly.
Of course we have to mention the topping, creamy, velvety a taste of the tropics. When I’m making a cheesecake I always use Philadelphia Cream Cheese, I know you can buy other supermarket own brand versions but they never work as well. This is a very easy recipe to make, but because it takes time to set its best to make the night before you need it and wait till your ready to serve before you pour the Passion Fruit Coulis on top.
If your feeling brave go for a huge dollop of Double Cream!! but Creme Fraiche is just as delicious
- 1 x 250g pkt digestive biscuits
- 125g unsalted butter, melted
- 2 x 250g pkts cream cheese, at room temperature
- 155g caster sugar
- 5 eggs
- 125ml single cream
- 1 tbsp. corn flour
- 80ml water
- Passion fruit Pulp about 6 passion fruit
- 55g caster sugar, extra
- 2 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. plain flour
- Line a 20cm spring form pan with non-stick baking paper, allowing sides to overhang. Secure the base back into the pan.
- Place biscuits in a food processor. Process until finely crushed. Add butter. Process until well combined. Transfer to pan. Use the back of a spoon to spread and press firmly over the base and side of pan. Cover with cling film. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to chill.
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Use an electric beater, beat cream cheese, sugar and lemon rind in a large bowl until smooth.
- Add the lemon juice and flour. Beat until well combined.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the cream and beat until well mixed.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture into the biscuit base. Place on a baking tray.
- Bake in oven for 1 hour 10 mins or until the cheesecake is just set in the centre. Turn the oven off. Leave the cheesecake in the oven, with the door slightly ajar, for 2 hours or until cooled & Place in fridge overnight to set.
- Combine the corn flour and water in a small bowl. Transfer to a saucepan. Add the passion fruit and extra sugar. Place over medium heat and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until the mixture boils and thickens. Set aside to cool slightly. Pour over cheesecake. Place in fridge until set.
- Delicious served with Double Cream