Only four more days to All Hallows Eve, or as it’s more popular known in this part of the world “Halloween”. A time of celebration , superstition and trick or treating for the kids. When we were young we never said “trick or treat”, it was always Help the Halloween Party. All our costumes were home made from black bin bags – no fancy shop costumes for us !!
Our house has been given the haunted treatment with light up lanterns, bats, ghosts, and other spooky things. The pumpkins are carved ready for Monday – all six of them. Looks like we’ll be having pumpkin soup for the next couple of weeks!
So I’m finally coming to the end of my Halloween baking for another year, just have my Halloween cake left to make on Sunday, which is the Chocolate Mud Cake, that I shared on the blog a while back. I do have one more recipe left that is really irresistible and very cute – Nutella & Chocolate Spider Cupcakes. These really are the perfect Halloween treat and a really great bake to get the kids in the kitchen to have some fun!
Absolutely no reason to be frightened of these spiders!! These rich chocolate cupcakes are filled with Nutella for a lovely hint of hazelnuts.
The legs were made from chocolate match sticks and the chocolate eyeballs were stuck on with some Nutella for the finishing spooky spider touch and finished with some Halloween sprinkles.
So simple & quick and best of all absolutely delicious.
NUTELLA HALLOWEEN SPIDER CUPCAKES. A GREAT FUN BAKE TO MAKE WITH THE KIDS OVER HALLOWEEN
- 110g self-raising flour (sifted)
- 25g cocoa powder
- 110g caster sugar
- 110g butter (softened)
- 1tsp baking powder
- Jar Nutella
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 225g sifted icing sugar
- 50g unsalted butter
- 50g Nutella
- Chocolate matchsticks for legs
- Chocolate eyeballs for eyes
- Halloween sprinkles
- Pre-heat oven at 180'c/350f.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix together all the ingredients for the cupcakes until light and fluffy.
- Bake in the oven for 20 mins
- In a clean bowl mix, together all the Nutella filling ingredients.
- Cut out a circle from the top of the cupcake, scoop out the cake.
- Fill the insides of the cupcakes with a heaped tsp of Nutella filling, then put the circle lid back on top.
- Cover the cupcakes with the remainder of the Nutella filling/icing.
- Using some melted chocolate stick the chocolate matchsticks together and press these into the cupcake.
- Press the chocolate eyeballs into the front of the cupcake (a little extra Nutella would help here to stick them on)
- Dust with some Halloween sprinkles.
If your stuck for BAKING CONVERSIONS. Click the Baking Conversions page tab at the top for a very helpful chart
Hope you enjoy this really fun Halloween cupcake recipe!
Make sure you check out my FACEBOOK BAKING PAGE for more easy Halloween treats.