It’s that time of year again, my absolute favorite, GREAT BRITISH BAKE OFF aka GBBO time. The only time when I take control of the TV remote. I don’t give two hoots what football match is on. This is my hour for the next couple of weeks. Every Wednesday I’ll make sure I have a special GBBO treat ready.
This week it’s all about cheesecakes & chocolate and I’m using my favorite Irish coffee liqueur in my BAILEYS MINI CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKES .
Because they hate Baileys and being the good mum that I am, I also made some GALAXY CARAMEL MINI CHEESECAKES for the hubbie & the kids.
You can find recipe on my IRISH BAKING ADVENTURES FACEBOOK PAGE
But back to the Baileys chocolate cheesecakes, I love baking with Baileys. It’s not just a Christmas drink. It’s brilliant to bake with as well !! It makes great brownies, cakes and fudge. I used it to make this really yummy Fudge last Christmas.
It made lovely little Christmas treats for my friends & family, but these Mini Baileys Chocolate Cheesecakes are my new favorite.
Mini Cheesecakes are so easy to bake, much quicker than a normal size one, and these Chocolate Cheesecakes are no exception. In less than 20 mins baking time & two hours setting time in the fridge, you will have the most delicious of chocolate treats. These would make a great dessert for a special dinner or even a party or just because you love Baileys like me.
For the base I made a change from the usual digestive base and went with a bourbon biscuit base which worked perfectly with the Baileys.
I use a normal cupcake tin for this with cupcake liners, you could use a special mini cheesecake pan if you had one, but I don’t and the cupcake tin does the job. I usually get 12 cupcakes out of this mixture. The base bakes for six minutes and the top for 12-15mins – so quick. It’s then in the fridge for 2 hours to set.
For the crowning glory, I added Baileys to the whipped cream. So so delicious. I was eating this stuff by the spoonful even before it got near the cheesecakes. Just before I served them I added a chocolate drizzle.
A delicious way to use Baileys. These mini cheesecakes make a wonderful desert for a special dinner or just because you love Baileys like me
- 200g bourbon biscuit broke into crumbs
- 4 tbsp. melted butter
- 2 tubs or 360g cream cheese
- 2 tbsp. cocoa
- 200g caster sugar
- 200g melted milk chocolate
- 120ml sour cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 70 ml Baileys
- 1-pint single (500ml) cream
- 75g icing sugar
- 60ml Baileys
- 200g chocolate melted for drizzle
- 1. Preheat oven to 160C/320F Add cupcake liners to a muffin tin
- 2. Mix the biscuit crumbs and melted butter together. Divide the mixture equally between the liners. Press gently into the bottoms.
- 3. Bake crusts for 6 minutes then remove from oven. Remove from the oven and let them cool.
- 1. Reduce oven to 150C/300F
- 2. In a MIXER BOWL on a slow/med speed mix the cream cheese, sugar and cocoa until combined
- 3. Add the sour cream, vanilla extract, melted chocolate and Irish cream. Beat on low speed until well combined.
- 4. Add the eggs one at a time. Scrape down the sides of the bowl after each addition.
- 5. Divide the batter between the liners and fill 2/3 of the way.
- 6. Bake cheesecakes for 12 minutes. Turn off oven and leave the cheesecakes in the oven for another 5 mins. Open the oven door slightly and allow cheesecakes to cool for 15-20 minutes.
- 7. Put in the fridge to get cold
- 8. Whip cream on high until it begins to thicken. Add powdered sugar and baileys and continue to whip on high until stiff peaks form.
- 9. Pipe the whipped cream on top of the cheesecakes, then drizzle with melted chocolate.
- KEEP IN THE FRIDGE UNTIL READY TO BE EATEN
These mini cheesecakes only take 20 mins to bake but must be set in a fridge for 2 hours so I have included that in the cooking time
If your stuck for BAKING CONVERSIONS. Click the Baking Conversions page tab at the top
Hope you like the recipe, it is a very easy bake.
Make sure you check out my FACE BOOK BAKING PAGE for more recipes,