Well hello there, long time no see !!! I’ve been away for a while. I took a “blogging” break to update my Blog and Face Book Page. I gave it a complete make-over which I really hope you like. I also kept away from social media which wasn’t as difficult as I thought it would be – I got to spend more time in the kitchen coming up with new recipes which I can’t wait to share with you all, yep lots of chocolate, and even some savory ones!
I also spent some time working on my first E-Book. It has my most popular recipes and a few new ones. I’m really excited about this and can’t wait to share it with you all. I hope to have it ready in the next few weeks. So make sure you check back 😉
This particular recipe was inspired by our family’s trips to the cinema and our Friday Movie night at home. Since my kids were small we’ve always had our Friday night movie. It’s were the kids first fell in love with all things Disney. It became a tradition as they got older. We always have popcorn, chocolate, pizza and even now that there all in there late teens , we’ve kept it up.
Now that the youngest two are on their school summer holidays, we’ve added a weekly trip to the cinema. For the past few months our cinema has been doing five euro cinema tickets every Wednesday. I’ve seen everything from Marvel’s Winter Soldier to Secret Life of Pets. The best thing about the cinema is the popcorn, a big tub of hot buttery popcorn is one of the best things about going to the cinema. I always try to sneak in some extra goodies, sweets and chocolate cost a fortune in the cinema.
On our last visit there was just three of us so I managed to sneak in these amazing Chocolate Popcorn Cup Cakes, so who puts popcorn on their cupcakes you might ask? Me! and trust me, you should too!. These are the most delicious perfect cinema treat – popcorn , chocolate, M&Ms all in one delicious yummy bite.
This is a really simple recipe, very easy to put together.
These cupcakes would be great for a birthday birthday as well as cinema trips. I used my favorite chocolate cupcake recipe. I wanted a really rich chocolate taste & it fits the bill perfectly. They only take 20 mins to bake. The topping is an all in the bowl job – popcorn, melted chocolate and M&Ms. You don’t have to stick with M&M’s , use your own favorite like Rolo’s or Buttons. You could also use any of the flavoured popcorn that’s appearing in the shops. I seen a coconut one yesterday, yuk. I’ll be sticking to salted or butter.
The recipe gives you 10 medium size cupcakes or 8 big ones.
The marshmallow is nice and sticky works well keeping the popcorn topping on, chocolate spread or peanut-butter would work just as well. Put them in the fridge for 30 mins to set the chocolate.
A delicious treat with all the "tastes" of the Cinema.
- 4tbs Water boiling
- 40g Cocoa powder
- 3 Egg(s)
- 175g Butter (unsalted) softened
- 165g caster sugar
- 115g Self-raising white flour
- 1tsp Baking powder rounded
- 300g of popped salted popcorn or 1 bag of microwave popcorn
- ½ jar of marshmallow fluff
- 150g of milk chocolate
- 100g M&Ms
- PREHEAT THE OVEN 200°C (400°F)
- Line a muffin tin with paper cases. Sift the cocoa powder into a bowl, pour in the boiling water and mix into a thick paste. Add the remaining cake ingredients and mix with an electric hand whisk (or beat with a wooden spoon).
- Divide the mixture equally between the 10 paper cases. Bake for about 15-25 minutes until well risen and springy to the touch. Cool in the cases on a wire rack.
- Melt the chocolate until very runny. Empty the popcorn into a big bowl, pour the chocolate over the top and mix gently till popcorn is covered.
- Add the M&Ms into the mixture.
- Spread a Heaped tbsp. of marshmallow over each cupcake. Using a big spoon heap a good amount of popcorn mix on top. Press together with your hands and leave in the fridge for 30mins to set.
I hope you enjoy the recipe & most of all I hope you like the revamp of my Blog. I’ve included a new page with Baking Conversions which will come in handy for my overseas followers. Please do let me know what you you think of the Blog in the comments. I really would appreciate your opinion and if you have any suggestions to make it better I would love hear them.
If you look above you you will see a new page with great baking tips , this is the first one, so make sure you check out HERE for more
Make sure you check out my FACE BOOK BAKING PAGE for more recipes,