You know that packet of Oreo Biscuits in your press the one with the first two missing? I’m sure I’m not the only one who has a sneaky biscuit or two when no ones looking!
Well I have a delicious Oreo Muffin recipe that can make these little black beauties into something absolutely scrumptious. I’m going for a complete “Cinderella” type make overhaul. Using some baking magic (well baking is a form of magic), I’m making something that has Oreo Biscuits, is a muffin and a loaf all in one. It’s simply called OREO MUFFIN LOAF. Simple is the key word here, this recipe is so easy , no mixer required, wet into dry ingredients and a gently sir of a wooden spoon or spatula is all that’s required.
This is no ordinary muffin, its super chocolaty, has crushed Oreo’s in the batter and is baked in a loaf tin, so we have muffin slices instead of regular muffins.. It’s always good to twist things up a bit give that old reliable recipe a new life. I’ve tried this recipe with every variation of Oreo available in Ireland but this version is the is the kids favorite
- 225gPLAIN FLOUR
- 25g COCOA POWDER
- 100G SUGAR
- 1/2tsp SALT
- 1tbsp BAKING POWDER
- 250ml MILK
- 1tsp VANILLA
- 60ml VEG OIL
- 2 LARGE EGGS
- 1PKT OREO COOKIES
- 1PKT CHOCOLATE CHIPS
- PREHEAT OVEN TO 2OOc .. HOT OVEN
- LINE A STANDARED LOAF TIN WITH A PAPER LINER
- MIX TOGETHER ALLTHE DRY INGREDIENTSBEAT MILK, EGGS, OIL,VANILLA ,MILK.
- BEAT TOGETHER
- ADD TO DRY INGREDIENTS, DON’T OVER MIX
- BREAK UP ½ PKT OREO INTO SMALL BITS (BUT NOT CRUMBS) ADD THIS & CHOCOLATE CHIPS, STIR TO MIX IN
- POUR BATTER INTO TIN ,BREAK THE REMAINDER OF THE OREO’S IN HALF AND PUSH GENTLY INTO THE BATTER
- BAKE FOR 40 MINS OR UNTIL COOKED THROUGH COVER WITH FOIL IF BROWNING TO MUCH ON TOP
- LEAVE TO COOL IN TIN FOR 10 MINS THEN REMOVE TO WIRE TRAY
If you like this recipe please check out my RASPBERRY & CHOCOLATE MUFFIN LOAF HERE
Fancy getting touch 🙂 please leave a COMMENT by clicking the comment bubble at the top of the post. I would to hear from you.
Make sure you check out my FACE BOOK BAKING PAGE for more recipes