I can officially say with hand on heart that these Home-Made Chocolate Hobnob Biscuits are even better than the shop ones.
These are buttery, nobbly little rounds of hobnob heaven. With just a few ingredients including the goodness of wholemeal flour and oats you can have freshly baked hobnobs on the table in 20 mins. So delicious served with with a “cuppa” be it tea or coffee or even ice-cold milk! These are a seriously yummy, oatey, wholesome treat just perfect for dunking.
Of course everything tastes better with a little chocolate. So I smothered the top of these with melted milk chocolate and used a fork to give the lines. They looked like the shop hobnobs only much more scrumptious.
I understand from my brother who is now an out and out Bostonian that you can’t get golden syrup in the US so you could substitute it with corn syrup which should work as well
A delicious homemade chocolate coated HOBNOB thats tastes even bettet then shop bought biscuits
- 100g wholemeal flour
- 125g unsalted butter
- 80g brown sugar
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 100g quick oats
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 100g chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180 C (350 F) and line a tray with some baking paper.
- In an electric mixer mixer beat the butter and sugar until pale and smooth.
- Add the golden syrup and beat until it's mixed in.
- On a low speed, mix in the oats, flour, soda, baking powder and salt.
- Roll small tablespoons of dough into balls and flatten on the tray, until they are about 2 inches in diameter. Leave room between the cookies for spreading. ( I used my baking measurement spoons here)
- Bake for 10 - 12 minutes, until golden brown. Allow to cool on trays.
- Melt the chocolate then spoon a teaspoon of chocolate onto one side of the biscuit & use a fork to make the lines in the chocolate.
US READERS: If you can't find golden syrup subsitue with corn syrup
For my overseas readers I have included a conversion tool below !! You can use it to convert grms to cups etc. It’s an experiment so please let me know if you find it helpful.
Don’t forget to get your FREE copy of my new eBook “EASY BAKE CUPCAKES & CHOCOLATE TREATS” .
Click HERE for your free download link.
Make sure you check out my FACEBOOK BAKING PAGE for more easy baking treats.