First things first, I have to apologize in advance to anyone on a diet, or watching their weight for their holidays (like moi) lol. This Baileys & Maltesers Cheesecake is going to put ALL of your will power to the test. Trust me on this fact, my will power packed its bag and jumped out the window the minute I took this cheesecake out of the fridge.
This cheesecake is rich, decadent,addictive, luscious everything Bailey’s is in a drink.
And did I mention BOOZY, this is one boozy , alcohol laced cheesecake. You most definitely know by the smell even before you even taste it that this is a BAILEYS cheesecake. It was my Daughter’s idea to add the Maltesers. I used them with digestives in the biscuit base and some broken up Maltesers in the filling it self. It gives nice hints of crunchiness throughout the silky cheesecake filling.
As for the calories – don’t even go there!! This Baileys & Maltesers Cheesecake has calories, lots of them. I mean just look at the ingredients – Double Cream, Cream-cheese, Alcohol. ALL WORTH IT, I promise you. This is one of those indulgent, over the top, delicious, “once in a blue moon treats” that everyone deserves now and again
This is a really simple recipe. It’s SO easy to put together, 7 ingredients in total. Best of all it’s completely NO-BAKE. The downside if you can call it that, is the waiting for it to set. It takes minimum 4 hours in the fridge to set , but I left mine overnight only because it was late on Saturday night when I made it.
OK we come to the big question “to gelatin or not to gelatin”. When it comes to cheesecake, I personally prefer baked cheesecakes, which don’t need gelatin and my old reliable strawberry cheesecake never needs a setting agent.
But, this Baileys & Maltesers cheesecake just wouldn’t set. I tried changing the ratio of double cream to cream cheese and vice versa, even the amount of Baileys I was using, but no joy even after two attempts. On the third attempt I decided to use some Dr Oetker’s Leaf Gelatin – and Halleluia! we have a perfectly set cheesecake.
A few tips when it comes to cheesecake
- Always have your ingredients at room temperature
- Use the best cream cheese available to you, I always use Philadelphia Cream Cheese.
- Never use low-fat cream cheese. I find these never make a great cheesecake
This Baileys & Malteser Cheesecake is the perfect dessert for a special occasion and if you don’t like a “boozy” cheesecake just cut down on the Bailey’s. I used 150ml which personally I think was just the right amount.
The most DECADENT Baileys & Maltesers Cheesecake. It's completely no-bake rich and delicious! A really dreamy dessert for a special occasion
- 200g Digestive biscuits
- 100 g Melted butter
- 250 ml Double cream
- 1 x box Maltesers (120g)
- 3 sheets Leaf gelatin
- 275 g Icing sugar
- 500 g Philadelphia cream cheese
- 150 ml Baileys
- Extra cream for decorating
- 100g melted milk chocolate
- Grease and line the base and sides of a 20cm spring-form pan with baking paper and set aside.
- Using a food Processor, crush the biscuits & ½ box maltesers and mix with melted butter. Press it firmly into the base of the spring form tin.
- Leave in the fridge for approx. 1 hour
- In a small bowl soak the gelatin in cold water for 5-10 minutes.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer gently beat the cream cheese, Baileys and icing sugar until smooth with no lumps.
- Remove the gelatin from the water, give it a little squeeze to remove excess water. Put the gelatin in a small bowl then add 3tbps of boiling water and make sure the gelatin dissolves completely.
- Little by little add the gelatin to the cream cheese, mixing well with each addition to avoid the gelatin going lumpy.
- Whip the double cream and gently fold it into the cream cheese.
- Take a few maltesers out of the remaining ½ box and break the rest into small pieces.
- Pour ½ the cheesecake mix into the tin and add the maltesers. Pour the remaining cheesecake over the top.
- Leave in fridge for 6 hours to set or if you can overnight.
- Before serving, drizzle some melted chocolate over the top of the set cheesecake.
- For a nice effect pipe some whipped cream in swirls on top of the cheesecake and place some maltesers on top of each swirl.
- ANY REMAINDERS MUST BE KEPT IN THE FRIDGE
If you would like to try a really delicious BAKED cheesecake then take a look at my –
For my overseas readers I have included a conversion tool below !! You can use it to convert grms to cups etc. It’s an experiment so please let me know if you find it helpful.
Make sure you check out my FACEBOOK BAKING PAGE for more easy baking treats.